" Saving Lives From Unsafe Hands ......."
About Waris Foundation Pakistan
Waris Foundation is a NGO duly registered under the Societies Registration Act recognized and approved by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Government of Pakistan, established by Mr. Hakim Malik Akbar Hussain Khokhar in 2000 as non profitable organization. The Primary object of Waris Foundation was to educate the people and to intimate them regarding disadvantages of drugs taking. To take up with care program and to take active part of hygiene education to people. To provide monetary assistance to the people at the time of distress. Education & Health has paved way for integrated approaches. Waris Foundation has adopted participatory approached right from planning to implementation, involving communities at every level from avoiding to use drugs and express them its consequences for using drugs. This led the organization to have very deep roots in the communities. The Waris Foundation have always been receiving priority attention on anti-narcotics in programs with a modest beginning and relying mainly on its resources as very since being growing and developing thereby extending anti-narcotics educational facilities to its mainly resource less clientele . Initially its scope of activated was confined to Lahore, Sheikhupura and suburbs. Whoever, with the hard works put in by a dedicated team of volunteers its fame spread and soon its starting attracting in large number men, women and children stricken with ignorance, poverty and diseased from all over the Punjab and in other provinces of Pakistan .
Background to Drugs and Society legalization & decriminalization
Waris Foundation - Against Drugs - is a grass roots movement comprised of PAKISTANI parent, youth and other concerned citizens' organisations AND General Public co-operating in the prevention of drug abuse. Waris Foundation is not religiously or politically affiliated and addresses social and political issues only when they concern drugs. Waris Foundation works closely with scientists and experts in the field of drug abuse.
Malik Akbar Hussain Khokhar
Waris anti-narcotics foundation is successfully working since 1979 at to the prime location of country, Dist. Sheikhupura. By the grace of Almighty Allah the Waris Foundation has a very good reputation in the society and especially in the medical field as most of the patient from all over the country come through reference of famous doctors and psychologists and it all because of its working potential and the field of abuse and other medical problems. Our treatment and 30 years of research products Waris course for anti-narcotics diseases is certified P.S.C.LR by the grace of Almighty by the Waris foundation is started country wide operation activities to save the young generation against demands drugs addicaution with the collereburaction ANF Pakistan and UNODCP.
International Work Where to Put Pressure
At the United Nations International Conference on Drug Abuse in Vienna in June 1987, universal support was given to the established principle that all non-medical drug use must be prohibited. The 1961 Un Single Convention (amended in 1972) and the 1971 UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances serve as basic platforms for current and future drug control. The United Nations and all its members strive to ensure that the use of drugs (controlled substances) be strictly limited to medical and scientific purposes. drugs problem must naturally be further developed. But the most important contribution to this work should be the individual ability and desire of each country to forcefully combat its domestic drugs trade which, in turn, is part of the pre-requisite for the international trade. Domestic policies cannot be formulated in isolation and there should be no conflict between the international and national perspectives concerning measures to be taken. However, it is necessary to determine where the heaviest pressure should be applied. In addiction there must be improvements in the utilization and distribution of historic information and experiences gained during successful struggles against the drugs trade in various countries. In the confrontation between theories and practice, a fruitful scientific development can arise and become of decisive importance to individual nations.
Drugs & Society
Waris Foundation was founded to counteract the increasing illegal drugs market. Today Pakistan as well as Asia already has a gigantic problem which was created by the legal drugs. Illegal drugs constitute an additional problem which have the potential to make the drug abuse situation almost impossible to deal with. Since alcohol and tobacco, for example, are both legal and established in our societies and both production and their distribution are subject to the control of society/ Government, measures taken against addiction and injuries can and must employee different strategies that those which apply to illegal drugs. The simple fact that we already have a number of drugs is no argument for the legalization of additional drugs with, in many cases, even more destructive qualities.
A Moral Question and a Democratic Question.
There are naturally humanitarian and socially well-founded reasons for Waris Foundation1 s standpoint on the question of illegal drugs. The standpoint is also moral in that it emanates from the firm conviction that drugs constitute a serious threat to national health, to a society under law, to social solidarity and, in the long-term, to a healthy democracy.
Waris Foundations Aims
Waris Foundation was established primarily with following objects
01. To established hospitals/Clinics for medical treatment for general public.
02. To enable and encourage clinics for medical treatment for people to provide job opportunities for unemployed people, to establish training centers for training youngsters against drugs.
03. To provide assistance to poor and deserving people.
04. To give membership to talent people specially related with medical field from all over the country.
05. O aware people about working environment and to improve the working condition.
06. To take up health care program and impart hygiene education to the people.
07. To provide monetary assistance to the poor at the time of distress.
08. To established hospitals/Clinics for medical treatment for general public.
09. To enable and encourage clinics for medical treatment for people .
10. To provide job opportunities for unemployed people.
11. To establish training centers for training youngsters against drugs.
12. To provide assistance to poor and deserving people.
13. To give membership to talent people specially related with medical field from all over the country.
14. To aware people about working environment and to improve the working condition.
15. To take up health care program and impart hygiene education to the people.
16. To promote human restrictive drug policies of prevention and early intervention against drug abuse in order to prevent further damage to individuals and society.
17. To prevent any form of legalization of drugs recognizing the 1961 UN Single Convention (amended in 1972) and the 1971 UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances as basic platforms for current and future drug control.
18. To improve with cooperation of general public in support of families with drug problems.
19. To promote the education of parents, youth and other concerned citizens about all matters concerning drug abuse through accurate, relevant and up-to-date information and research findings.
Waris Foundation pakistan
Malik Nasir Ahmad
Senior International Co-Ordinator
Mr.Huai Ching Liu
Waris Foundation pakistan
Mr. Ashraf Qamar
Waris Foundation pakistan
Malik Akbar Hussain Khokhar
Make Donations :- Waris Foundation
UBL Account # 0103818-2 Branch Code:- 1680 Main bazar Sheikhupura Swift Code # UNIL PKKAXXX
24 Hour help is available
All Rights are Reserved
Waris Foundation ,
waris Shifakhana Akbari
Waris Shifakhana Akbari , Mohallah Hanjranwala,Gujranwala Road,
Sheikhupura.™ Pakistan .
All rights are reserved